Hi there! I’m a software engineer who’s passionate about the power of data and machine learning to achieve social good. I’m currently working at Panorama Education, where we’re building the future of data analytics for thousands of K-12 schools around the world.
I previously worked for the film startup MUBI.com, and have been on first-place winning teams at hackathons like YHack, HackNY, and the NYU Abu Dhabi International Hackathon for Social Good in the Arab World.
Outside of web technologies, I’ve done fun projects like build faster NoSQL document support into PostgreSQL, create a sonar-based wall-tracking system for a quadcopter, and work on code that runs a hybrid racecar.
In my free time, I enjoy playing the cello and running.
These are a few projects I’ve done alone or in small teams.
- MBTA Ninja - Waze for the Boston subway (press coverage, my post about it)
- Postgres-BSON - We replaced the PostgreSQL JSON storage backend with BSON (MongoDB’s JSON alternative with faster traversal). This increased performance up to 8 times on some queries.
- Rainman - Automatically adding context to online news (Y-Hack 2013, 1st place)
- Yale Classroulette - beautiful, randomized college course search (press coverage)
- gitdown - an Arduino breathalyzer that stops you from programming drunk (HackNY Spring 2013, 1st place)
- LZW - an implementation of the LZW compression algorithm in C.
- DenebRe.com - brand, logo and website design for a Japanese solar power company
- Sendquest.in - easy mass polling via SMS (Yale Hackathon 2012)
- TakeFlight - connecting Arab students with mentors and hosting video mentoring sessions (NYUAD Hackathon 2013, 1st place)